After graduating from Mississippi State University in 2004 with a degree in Public Relations, Haley moved to Nashville in early 2005 to pursue a dream – she just wasn’t clear on what it was. Since then, Haley has worked as a cosmetics business manager, a freelance graphic designer and served on the board of the Nashville chapter of Mississippi State Alumni in multiple capacities, currently as President. So yeah, you could say she was the obvious choice for our Project Manager. In her spare time she loves to travel, watch college football and catch up on back issues of Entertainment Weekly. Topics to avoid with Haley if you want to keep the conversation short: her family (especially her niece and nephews) and television. We cannot emphasize this enough.
Get to Know
1. Write a short bio of your favorite musician/author/actor/etc. in 100 characters or less.
Mike Birbiglia is less comedian than he is masterful storyteller of the funny and the heartbreaking.
2. What world city do you identify with?
Does Stars Hollow [Gilmore Girls] count? Despite being a fictional town, I crave the community, familiarity and inevitable lack of privacy that comes with living in a place where everybody knows your name.
3. Which pop culture icon is your spirit animal?
Monica “Rules Control the Fun!” Geller. It’s eerie, really.
4. If you could only listen/watch/read three things for the rest of your life, what would you choose (no mixing and matching – they all have to be in the same category)?
Veronica Mars for a little angsty suspense, Friday Night Lights so that my heart may go on, and The West Wing so that we may never give up.
6. What is your favorite celebrity quote and why does it resonate with you?
“I’m the kind of person who would rather get my hopes up really high and watch them get dashed to pieces than wisely keep my expectations at bay and hope they are exceeded. This quality has made me a needy and theatrical friend, but has given me a spectacularly dramatic emotional life.” ― Mindy Kaling // Yep. Yep, yep, yep.
7. Who is your favorite clothing designer?
LC. You know, Lauren Conrad from Laguna Beach and The Hills. 😉
8. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
There’s so many places I’d like to see and if I ever had the opportunity to take between 4-6 months to travel across the world, I’d jump on it
9. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Babysitting. If my weekend plans consisted of babysitting when I was in high school, it might as well have been a death sentence.
10. Describe your favorite thing about Nashville.
I love how it’s a big city, but in so many ways still feels like it’s a small town.
11. Biggest guilty pleasure?
12. What was your dream job as a child?
Actress, teacher or a mom. So much ambition, so many dreams that haven’t come true. 😉
13. What is your favorite thing about the new BAM! headquarters?
My shiny red desk!